The Military Writer's Society of America's President Bill McDonald reviewed & awarded ... " It Is The Soldier " - CD

2005 - CD of the Year AWARD

"A Spiritual Gift for Soldiers ... this music is pure LOVE," stated M.W.S.A.'s President Bill McDonald.







Wednesday, October 15, 2008

" Last Breath " ...

Oct. 15, 2008

Today, Larry & I were finally able to travel to Florida Natl. Cemetery in Bushnell, Fla. to pay our respects to my cousin who is interred there, Steve passed away one year ago today.
CW3 Steven Wendell Speights served our nation for 27 years.

His overseas assignments include two tours to Italy, Korea, Hawaii and Egypt, retiring at Fort Rucker in March 2005 as a CH-47 SIP/IFE.

His military awards include Master Aviator Wings, Meritorious Service, Army Commendation Medal (4th Award), Army Achievement Medal, Army Superior Unit Award, Army Good Conduct Medal (2nd Award), National Defense Service Medal (3rd Award), Korea Defense Services Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (5th Award), Multinational Force and Observers Medal (2nd Award).

Steven then went to work for Lear Siegler Services as an instrument flight instructor on Fort Rucker. Steven earned both a Bachelors and a Masters Degree from Emory Riddle University.

On Oct. 15th, 2007 ... one week after seeing Steve for the last time ... it was early in the wee hours of the morning, I had not been able to sleep as I was constantly thinking & praying for Steve, I could not stop crying ... so, I had waited until early in the morning to even "try" to lay down & sleep.

However, I could NOT stop thinking of Steve and what he was going through. As I lay there, reflecting on Steve's life, I was so happy he had a wonderful life, 27 year career in the Army, beautiful son, grandson and beautiful home & especially, love ... Iwas so moved as I recalled the love Steve had for his wife, his "One & Only Love" .

As I lay next to my "One & Only Love" ... my mind began racing with the thoughts of what I would be feeling with my " Last Breath " ... perhaps Steve was feeling similar thoughts as he was leaving this world, I couldn't get the thoughts out of my mind, I couldn't quit crying ... so, around 4:30 am, I got up & penned my thoughts ... it was "if" I had to, for Steve ... later that morning, I learned Steve passed, the very day the song was written.

I knew they would become lyrics to a song with music & melody to come at some point in the future, and, they did within a week or so.

But, it seemed everytime I was going to get the song recorded over this past year, "something" would get in the way, sickness, no cds, it was always something ... then, over time ... other songs came along & I felt led to finish them first, for whatever "reason" .

For me, usually that means something else is coming, indeed it did ... about a month ago, another melody came to me & I knew then it was to be part of this song, finally it was "complete" ... now, it made me feel the exact way I felt the night before Steve passed, as I lay there thinking about his " Last Breath " and his love for his "One & Only Love".

May it be a blessing to ALL who hear it ... " I Love you, Steve "...

You'll live in our hearts, forever !!!


" Last Breath "


( For Steve & Linda )


With my " Last Breath " ... I'll speak your name.
My last thought ... will be ... of you, again!
As the last tear ... falls from my face
The last warmth I'll feel ... is ... your loving embrace,

With my " Last Breath "

And, with my " Last Breath " ... I'll whisper ... "I Love You"
It's the last thing on this earth ... I'll ever do.
And, may the last these eyes ... ever see
Be that " Look of Love " ... that you've given me ...

With my ... " Last Breath "

And, with my " Last Breath " .... I'll leave this place,
You ... keep my love ... as a warm embrace.
And, with your " Last Breath " ... I will call your name
There'll be no more tears ... no more pain ...

With my ... " Last Breath "


( Spoken )

And, Oh, how I lived & loved ... laughed & cried
We were ... two hearts ... that beat as one,
You ... and ... I
And ... we danced !

* * *

Now, there's one breath ... One touch
One tear ... Just ... one more hug
And, One last ... " I Love You "

For my One and ONLY ... LOVE,

* * *

Take my hand ... Let's dance
You still take ... my breath ... away
You're my ... One and Only ... love.

( Spoken )

And, Oh, how I lived & loved ... how I laughed & cried
We truly were ... two hearts ... that beat as one,
You ... and ... I
And ... we danced !

* * *

Now, there's one breath ... One touch
One tear ... Just ... one more hug
And, One last ... " I Love You "

For my One and ONLY ... LOVE


* * *

( With my ..." Last Breath " )
( Take my hand ) ... Take my heart
You take ... my breath ... away ... ( Let's dance )

( With my ..." Last Breath " )
Take my heart ... ( Take my hand )
You take ... my breath ... away
( You still take ... my breath ... away ) ... ( Let's dance )

( With my ..." Last Breath " )
Take my heart ... You take my breath ... away

You're my ... One and Only ... Love !


* * *

( Spoken Slowly )

* * *

And, with my ..." Last Breath "
Take my heart ... Take my breath away,

" I Love You ! "


www.StevesLastBreath.com

( ALL Downloads are ... Free )


Copyright - Oct. 15, 2007
Susan D. Wiseman - " The Tribute Lady "
www.TheTributeLady.com


"Christ-Centered Pieces" - Given Gifts
P.O. Box 1591
Fayetteville, Ga.
30214-1591

No comments:

" Just one mom, of one soldier... from one family who's lost a loved one in a previous war... just doing what I can to show my love for my family, God & this GREAT NATION! "